Monday, November 9, 2009

Short Update - No pics again

November 9, 2009
Wow time is sure flying by. Where does it all go? It seems like yesterday I was coming home from work to celebrate Isaac’s birthday and that was two months ago. I feel like every time I turn around time has run away from me again.
Isaac loved Halloween. He was a little monkey. We sure thought he looked cute in his costume. He loved caring his little bucket around and thought it was so fun when people would put things in it. He didn’t realize that they were putting candy in it because he hasn’t really had that much candy in his life.
The other night Brandon, Isaac and I were all sitting in the bed. It was almost Isaac’s bed time but we were having so much fun as a family that he got to stay up a little later than usual. He crawled to the head of the bed and put his head on my pillow. Then he reached down and pulled the covers up to his little chest. He then proceeded to have a very long drawn out conversation with Brandon and me. We have no idea what he was talking about but he was very adamant. He used had gestures and facial expressions like crazy. When Brandon or I would answer he would wave his hands to quiet us like we just didn’t get what he was saying, which we didn’t. Brandon and I could hardly contain our giggles as we listened to our little boy tell us all his news. He loved the attention and we were amazed at how much he is learning.
Last night was a first for Isaac too. Every time we have prayer we try to remember to tell Isaac to fold his arms. He usually just looks at us like we’re crazy and keeps doing what ever it is he was doing. Sometimes we’ll show him by folding his arms for him, but that makes him really mad so we just let him sit there. Last night for family prayer Isaac folded his chubby little arms (ok so they aren’t that chubby but they sure are cute!) and bowed his head. Then he looked at us to make sure we were still doing it. After the prayer was over Brandon and I made sure to praise him at how good he was. He clapped his hands and gave us each a hug. I love watching my little boy grow up!!
We’ve passed the two month mark on when baby is due. She’s now due less than two months from now. Who knows when she will come though? We’re hoping she’s born around the 18th of Dec. or else after the 31st of Dec. so that Brandon won’t have to miss school. I’m sure she won’t be born anytime around then because that would just be too convenient.

2 comments:

garysharon said...

That was a terrific update of your family...Thanks! Dad

garysharon said...

It's so fun to read about the progress that Isaac is making. Thanks for writting about it so we can be a part of his life.
Mom

Blog Archive