I've been in Washington since Tuesday. It has been wonderful. The only downfall to this trip is that Brandon is still at school in Arizona. We miss him so much. We made this trip so that we could get a picture of all the grandkids together and of the triplet grandbabies. We're so glad to have these three beautiful babies together.
We flew in on Tuesday and it was so nice to see Isaac again. I couldn't believe how much I had missed him while he was visiting his Grandma Powell. It was so hard to be away from him for 8 days. I hope I'll be brave enough to try it again because I know that it was good for Isaac to spend time with Grandma. I doubt he even knew we were gone.
On Wednesday I went to work at the quilt shop so that Grandma Wood could get a quilt done and have more time to play with us when the other kids got here. It was fun to be able to talk to her while it was slow and enjoy her company. Isaac stayed home with Grandma Powell and loved every minute of it.
Rachel and her kids got here on Thursday afternoon. I spent the day at Mom Wood's house waiting for her new fridge to be delivered because the old one died while she was in Arizona. My friend Shannon came over to visit with my for a little bit and it was so fun to get to see her. I had a secret worry that I wouldn't know which baby was mine, but as soon as I say Eliza I knew we would have no problem being able to tell them apart. Although when they are sleeping they do look a lot alike.
On Friday we took the kids to the zoo. It was crazy fun/torture. We had from oldest to youngest Bryce (4), Benny (4), Alice (2), Isaac (1), Eliza (2 months), and Lydia (2 months), with just Rachel and me. We had a lot of fun but it was a lot of work too. Isaac liked the gorillas the best. I think because he could see them and the were awake and moving. (Plus he knew he was related because they were all Daddy's cousins!)
Saturday we spent outside at Grandma Wood's house. The kids rode bikes and jumped on the trampoline all day long. They loved it. It was so nice to have a beautiful sunny day. We are having so much fun getting to hang out with family. We love spending time with them.
1 comment:
That was a great time we had with Isaac and Lydia and look forward to seeing them again tonight.
G-pa Gary & G-ma Sharon
Post a Comment