One of the subjects we cover in my current class is Supplemental Restraint Systems (airbags). After going over the subject material and having some time to study we took a fieldtrip out to the parking lot and deployed a few airbags. It was a ton of fun and now I know how to do it safely so that I can show others. They are really dangerous and can really hurt you if you don't know what you're doing. It takes less than 3 volts of electricity to set one off. You sliding across yout car seat as you get into your car or rubbing your hand over your shirt creates about 10,000 volts of static electricity. If you handle one of these airbags improperly it may deploy and severly injure yourself. My advice to you, if I'm not there, don't try what you are about to see at home!
1 comment:
I can see why you had fun. We'll be having fireworks going off a lot arouind here in the next few days. Don't you wish you were here? Dad
Post a Comment