I want into urgent care a couple hours later. The doctor told me that next time I shouldn't be so dumb and should go to the emergency room as soon as I can't breath. She perscriped lots more benedryl for the next 48 hrs, prednisone for the next five days, and an epipen for next time.
I have no idea what caused my allergic reaction. The doctor also said I need to have an allergy test as soon as possible. I had a reaction last Thanksgiving that was barely bad at all, but yesterdays reaction was really really bad. She said my allergy is obviously getting worse and could be deadly next time. We need to get it under control before the next attack. Wish I had an idea what is causing my problem..
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

5 comments:
Oh, and this picture is 12 hours later.
We know your "new look" is not from an allergic reaction to something but a botox treatment gone awry (not really!). Dad
Hi Heather, I had bad allergy reactions like this and got tested. They tested for 37 outdoor allergens common in WA and I was allergic to 36 of them, the only one I was not allergic to was mold. I am also allergic to cats, dogs, dust, and dust mites. That hardly qualifies me for giving advice or diagnosing you, you obviously need a test done....I just think that the fact that you woke up that way might be a clue...maybe it could be dust mites, or dust, or if you have animals and they sleep in your bed....just my two cents. The only reason I bring this up is because even though I am technically allergic to a lot of things, I also know that many of them are mild allergies and that my worst ones are grass, cats, and dust. The allergy test tells you what you are allergic to, but you may still need to narrow it down to what the main culprit(s) is/are to be more vigilant with those specific things. Good luck getting this under control, I know it's not fun and kind of scary!
P.S. since we only show up as "The Miller's"...this is Amber ;-)
Scary! So glad that Brandon was there to help you with the Benadryl and inhaler. YOu'll have to share when/what you figure out.
Post a Comment