Monday, February 28, 2011

Small sick people

Isaac woke up on Saturday morning with a fever of 104.6. It's amazing how burning hot a child can feel. He was so hot that it hurt my skin to hold him. I felt so bad for my poor little man. I took him to urgent care were we waited for 2 hours before they took us back to the exam room. The kids did so awesome waiting. They had nothing to do but they were so patient. Especially Lydia. She was so tired and was walking around saying, "me night night" over and over again.

Isaac was so patient with the doctors and let them do whatever they wanted. He especially liked when they put the light in his ears. He was so funny. They ran a strep test on him and he totally gagged and choked while they were swabbing him. When they were done, he looked up at me all resigned to suffer threw it, and said, "again?" I know that he would have sat just as still if they would have done it again but he sure was glad they didn't!

It is amazing how tiny little babies look when they're sick. I couldn't have laid my whole body down on this exam table but Isaac didn't even reach the pillow. I love this little boy so much and am so glad to have him in my life. He is a light, a joy and a blessing.



WE LOVE YOU, IKEMAN!




2 comments:

garysharon said...

It's such a helpless feeling to have your child sick and, as a parent, not be able to relieve them of their pain and discomfort. Dad

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy. I'm glad he's feeling better. Mom

Blog Archive