Thursday, June 20, 2013

Palmyra

We loved Palmyra! It was so much fun to be able to walk through the sacred grove. I loved imagining what it must have been like for Joseph when Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to him. Isaac said that walking through the grove made him feel good and hefeeled the Spirit. 

We also loved that we were able to walk on the Sacred ground with our family and to feel the power of families. I know that families are so important and that our family can and WILL be together forever through the power of our temple sealings. 

I loved seeing the printing press and learning about all the work that went into printing the Book of Mormon. 











3 comments:

garysharon said...

That was a very strong faith-promoting experience! I'm glad we were able to be together as a family there, too. Dad

garysharon said...

I loved Isaac's response in the Sacred Grove when I was telling him that they didn't know for sure where Heavenly Father and Jesus appeared to Joseph Smith, and I asked him where he thought it might have taken place. His sincere response was, "Let's look for footprints." Such a logical answer for a 4 year old. I loved being there with the family. We are so blessed to have the fullness of the gospel. Mom

Our Biggs Family said...

I didn't hear that Isaac said that. That is classic. What a smart boy. It was fun to hear Isaac and Lydia get so excited to answer questions. Thanks for making the trek with all your kiddos and sharing time with us. I know they are usedto having cousin time but that is a novelty for our children with us living so far away.

Blog Archive