
Today, Dad and I worked on the truck. We changed the oil (it hadn't been don in over 5,000 miles), put on a new oil filter, lubed the joints, got a new air filter, and adjusted the idle and air/fuel ratio. The truck took a whole six qts of oil! I'm not that suprized givin the fact that it's a 460 cubic inch V8. After we finished all that work we gave it a good bath. It took us 2 hours to wash it. I swear, it hadn't been washed in over 10 years! I washed it while dad rinsed it. I had to ues an a-frame ladder to reach the top of the canopy. We decided it would be too much trouble to take it off. The only problem with that was getting between the canopy and the back of the cab. You can see how far we were able to get though in the picture below. Al in all... it lookes a whole lot better than it did. It is now back to a 2-tone paint job instead of a 3-tone (white, brown, and seaweedy moss green).
4 comments:
It looks really good. You and dad did a great job on it.
Mom
Sounds like you and Dad had a good time together working on it.
ok, when do you tell us if it's a boy or girl? (the baby, not the car, we all know cars are girls.)
yay, congratulations! can't wait to see those little alien pics.
Post a Comment