Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Isaac is two!!

We took Isaac in for his two year check-up today. He did really well. He loved having them check is ears and his tummy. He was confused about them wanting to look into his mouth. They didn't have a toothbrush so why should he open up for them? He's defiantly delayed in his speech but I imagine that he'll catch up pretty quick. Apparently, most of my siblings didn't start talking until they were at least 3. The problem is once they started they never stopped!!! He weighs 27 lbs and is 33.5 inches tall. He's continuing to follow along his 25 percentile line. He's been there is whole life and I imagine he'll continue right along that line for a while.

I felt so guilty getting his set up for his shots. He thought we were just playing and was giggling and laughing right up until the needle entered his leg. Then his eyes got all big, he looked at me like, what are you doing to me, and then started screaming. I felt so bad. What kind of a mean Mommy does that? I know, a loving one, but you still feel bad for those poor little guys when they get that shot! He only cried for a 30 seconds while at the doctors office, but he started again once we got loaded into the car. He cried for the next fifteen minutes or so. He was pretty cranky the rest of the day and only napped for 30 minutes. It was NOT long enough for my big sleeper!

Isaac is a serious sweetheart. He loves to give hugs and kisses. He loves flirting with girls. He loves to hold Lydia, kiss her, and tackle her. He has the best smile and is always showing it off. He loves trains and making train noises. He says, "Dude, dude, dude" all the time. He loves words that start with the letter B. At least 75% of the words he knows start with B. He calls all little kids, "Baby" which I love. It's always funny when a little guy calls someone a baby when they're the same age or younger. When we drive anywhere I hear, "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom...." the whole way. How come it's never, "Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad?" He hates when Lydia cries and runs to find her a binky or pacifier at the slightest whimper. (She's spoiled by him.) He loves to eat bananwitchs. (Bananas with peanut butter in the middle.) He lets you know when he's ready for bed. Often I hear, "Mom? Bed, please?" We're so lucky. I think he secretly enjoys putting his nose in the corner. He's so good at staying there that sometimes I forget to tell him he can come out until I walk by about a few minutes later or I hear a little peep of "Mooooommmmm"

He's my boy and I couldn't imagine life without him. He is always full of giggles and laughs!

We love you so much Isaac!

1 comment:

garysharon said...

Thanks for the update on your boy. I can't wait to see him again in Nov. Dad

Blog Archive