Today I went to a funeral for one of my best friend's grandmothers. I spent a lot of time visiting her during our high school summers. She was a very sweet lady. It was fitting to have her funeral the day before Easter as we have been thinking about the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I feel so blessed to know that we live again after this life and to know that we are sealed together as a family.
Tomorrow is the anniversary of my sister Alice's death. It amazes me that it's been 8 years since she passed away. We still miss her and think about her everyday. I love that this year, as I'm remembering her life, I am also contemplating the resurrection of Christ. I love knowing that I will see Alice again. I love knowing that even though she didn't have a chance to meet my husband and my children we will all be reunited. I can't wait to see her again and to spend time catching up. I can't wait to give her a great big hug!
5 comments:
I"m glad you shared this, Heather. I hadn't realized that the anniversary for Alice's death fell on Easter this year. It helps me put today a little more in perspective.
So true...That's a nice tribute to your sister. Dad
my husbands brother died a long time ago and I like to think he has met our kids, and they know him. This is a beautiful thought about your sister
Our family has been thinking about your family today. Alice was an amazing person and she is very missed! We love you so much!
this is a very sweet post heather. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment