Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Modesty

A lady in our ward gave a talk on modesty last Sunday. She made one point that really stuck with me. She said that even her two year old recognizes that the way we dress signifies who we are and what we stand for.  When Daddy puts on his scrubs he says, "Daddy work?" When Daddy puts on his tennis shoes he says, "Daddy basketball?" And when Daddy puts on his suit and tie he says, "Daddy church?" I really liked that she addressed modesty in such a basic way. Today Isaac found one of Brandon's ties that had fallen off its hanger and he put it around his neck and said, "Ike church." And I thought, yep, two year olds get it, why don't we always get it?

2 comments:

Nicole, Ryan & Jett Wilder said...

Good point!

garysharon said...

That's why I think the youth dances should be semi-formal or dressy-casual at the least so they act accordingly. Dad

Blog Archive