Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Gratitude

As it is now November I've decided to start a daily blog of what I'm thankful for.

Modern Medicine

Today I am grateful for the blessings of modern medicine. I am grateful for my inhaler, both my daily inhaler and my rescue inhaler. Without which, I would be a lame Mommy. I know that I wouldn't be able to play with my kids and do all the things that Mommies do. I also firmly believe that my rescue inhaler has saved my life on occasions and I am grateful to be able to teach, love, and enjoy my children as they continue to grow.

I am grateful for doctors that are willing to put in the time to take care of their patients. As I have been contemplating what I wanted to write about today I have realized that both Lydia and Isaac would probably not have lived this long if we had lived in the 1400s. Lydia would probably have died from her UTI when she was five months old and Isaac and I would probably have died from preeclampsia when I was pregnant with him.

I am grateful to be alive. I know that scientists and doctors work had to find and deliver cures. I know that the Lord watches out for his children and has blessed us with these modern day miracles.

Oh and just so this post isn't picture free here is one of Isaac building his "big big church!"

2 comments:

garysharon said...

That's good to have an "attitude of gratitude" at all times. We all have plenty to be thankful for. Dad

Melissa said...

I'm thankful you made me think about modern medicine, which I too am grateful for. Without it, I would be a pretty lame momma and not able to enjoy my life as much. Plus, Soren probably also would have died from a UTI when he was little. Glad you made me stop to count my blessings.

Blog Archive