Friday, March 7, 2008

It a, uh... uh... uh..., an ALIEN!


A couple of weeks ago Heather and I went to the doctor to hear the heartbeat of the baby. The doctor couldn't find it and told us to come back and they will have an ultrasound. Yesterday was the lucky day. It is still to young to tell gender but it is definately an alien. Its head is half of its body and its arms and leds are only little nubbs now. I hope it will grow out of this stage. I don't want an alien for a kid. Right now it's a whole 2 inches long... I hope it gets longer too.

12 comments:

Matt and kim Cloward said...

that is cool. I hope it continues to progress healthy. Hope all is well with all of you.

Jeff and Carol said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! I love ultrasound pictures. How are you (Heather) doing with the pregnancy? Any morning sickness? How far along are you?

Our Biggs Family said...

Ultrasounds are always fun. I think it is amazing to be able to watch the miracle of life and see babies grow and develop. It is such a testament that we are children of our Heavenly Father.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how they can find so much out at such an early stage of pregnancy. Too bad there's not twins.

Anonymous said...

it was fun to see the first pictures of your little one. I can't believe you are calling it an alien. Do you have ideas for the baby's name?

Powell Family said...

It does look like an alien, and don't worry, it gets called other names too. Like little bean, plum, aprocot...pretty much anything we can think of because we don't like calling the baby it. So for names we're thinking if its a girl either Hazel Alice Powell or Shade Zoe Powell. If it's a boy we really like Zacharis Brandon Powell. So far that's all we've come up with.

Micah said...

Hey, this is so exciting.! I'm happy for you guys!

Andrea said...

if you're the type who likes to get all obsessive about the pregnancy (I was... I think most first-timers are) check out the pregnancy calendar at parenting.com http://www.parenting.com/Pregnancy/pregnancy_channel.jsp?genID=2
it has some good week by week info of what's going on...

Jeff and Carol said...

You should call your baby BIG BIRD! .. like Michelle did in Full House.. nevermind. :)

Andrea said...

in answer to your question, Jamie ia almost ten months now... and growing fast!

I hope your pregnancy is going good, not too much morning sickness or anything... but remember, the more sick you are, the more likely it is to be a girl... that's what the wives' tale is anyway.

Jeff and Carol said...

Yeah, that's an old wives tale. I was sooo sick with Heath. I was in the hospital for 5 days, cause I was so sick, but I was only sick for two weeks with Astoria. :)

Andrea said...

I had a boy and I only threw up twice during the whole pregnancy... once was during delivery. So we'll have to see what happens if I have a girl...