Saturday, June 21, 2008

Making Room for BABY



Yesterday we picked up the crib that Grandpa made for us. He had sent it to our old adress in Rexburg because he wasn't aware that we had moved. We just knocked on the door of our old apartment and asked the people living there if they would recieve it for us and call us when it got there. It wasn't supposed to get there untill next Thursday but it was early. Grandpa was surprised it was here already when I called him and thanked him for making it. When we got it home last night it was too late to start putting it together so we just opened up the box (as quietly as possible... it was already after midnight) because we really wanted to see what it looked like. It really is beautiful. I put it together today after I got back from doing homework at the school. I think Heather has said, "it's soo breatiful!" at least 147 times since I started the assembly. I agree with her. We had to rearrange the whole house so we could fit it in. It is a lot bigger than I imagined. We could fit three kids in it (not that I'm dreaming of triplets or anything). I'm not complaining though. Grandpa really outdid himself. Thank you soo much!
crib

You all know how Willow always tried to get under the benches in the Kitchen at Mom and Dad's house. As soon as we got it put up and in it's place she squeezed her way under and is just as happy as ever. We think it's funny. I'm sure she'll be spending quite a lot of time under there.
WillowCrib

7 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

It looks great. Cribs are standard size though because they all fit the same size mattress. IT is amazing how much space it takes for a little one...just wait until you have a swing, carseat carrier, highchair, etc filling up space. It is so worth it though.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome you are starting to set up for the baby. I am anxious to meet the little guy. The crib looks gorgeous

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything worked out for you getting the crib since it was mailed to the wrong address. Grandpa does do beautiful work. That's cute that Willow likes being under it.
mom

Anonymous said...

I was told by Grandpa the surface of the crib is sort of rough but doesn't need more sanding as that is the nature of that type of wood. Don't think you need to put a finish on it either.
Dad

Micah said...

Love the crib dear. I lied and still have not sent the package. I swear i will send it to you before the little stinker gets here. Hey, what email address do you use for your blog. I'm going private but want to add you.

Rachel said...

Shows how gone I am!! I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congrats and good luck with the rest :) It's a lot of fun...

Andrea said...

I had a dream about Heather being in labor last night... and I was trying to help. kinda weird that you post about the baby's crib on the same day... but not TOO weird I guess.

Hope everything is going great!

Blog Archive