Monday, January 10, 2011

Love and Logic

For Christmas, my sister, Sarah gave me this really awesome book on parenting. It's called Love and Logic for Early Childhood by Jim Fay and Charles Fay. It is AWESOME! I would definitely recommend it to all parents. I absolutely love it.

As I've been staying at Rachel's house we've both been trying to use these new techniques that we've learned from reading the book. I can see a huge difference in Isaac and myself. I feel like it's given me a way to achieve the patience that I've been striving so hard to work on.

This book focuses on parenting with love, empathy, consequences and having a plan. I feel like I know exactly what to do when Isaac misbehaves and that I don't have to get upset. Instead I just focus on the plan and give him some loving. There are so many techniques in this book that I can't wait to try. Most of them are for children aged 3 and older but the techniques for under 3 are working wonders for Isaac so I can't wait to use the other techniques as Isaac gets older and better at communicating!!

I would defiantly recommend this read to all parents! It is a great book and I plan to continually read it whenever I feel our family is struggling and more often too!!

You can visit their website for more information
www.loveandlogic.com

Happy Parenting everyone!

3 comments:

garysharon said...

We all need help with our parenting skills because we don't get an owners manual with our newborns. Dad

Christina said...

Love and logic is great huh? We took a class through our ward... I have somewhat mixed feelings about some of it, but for the most part, it helps to keep love and happiness in the home. I should get the book, because every so often I could use a little reminder of all those strategies!

Anonymous said...

I am very familiar with Love and Logic. They teach that to teachers as an option to use with students and disciplining.

Blog Archive