Saturday, May 9, 2009

Goimg topless

Today I decided that the weather was finally nice enough for me to remove the top of the 4Runner. I took out the screws that held the molding on in the inside and then had to unbolt the fiberglass top from the truck body. Then I drove the truck into the back yard where I had set up a couple of saw horses and boards. I asked my neighbor to help me lift off the top and put it on the saw horses. When Isaac woke up from his nap the whole family went for a topless ride. We even put it in 4x4 and took it off road for a little fun.
The only drawback to having the top off the truck is that i can't keep stuff in the back if I drive it to school. I don't trust all the kids at the school not to take stuff out of the truck if there is no top on it.
One of our new friends in the ward who only lives about 5 minutes away is into off-roading a lot. I've gone over to help him work on his truck before and Heather enjoys talking with his wife. They have a toddler and another little one only a couple months older then Isaac. He also knows how to weld and I'm going to ask him if he can teach me so I can build a brush guard, rock sliders, roll cage, and possibly a roof rack. I don't know when I will be able to build these things but that's what I'd like to do. This will be a long term project with the other things I would like to do to the truck.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

I see a baby counter on the right of the screen....ARE YOU PREGNANT?!?!?!?!?! Congrats! That is exciting, baby #2 all ready! That is awesome!!!!

garysharon said...

Your top looks pink in the light, doesn't it. I hope you have fun 4X4ing around there in it. Those a are big plans and ideas and I hope you have the time and resources to make them come to fruition. Dad

garysharon said...

It's great to have dreams. Just remember that some dreams take a long time to come true. It took 30+ years for Dad's dream of owning a Corvette to come true. It will be a fun activity to work on the truck over the years. Isaac can spend time in the garage with you while you are working on it. Especially as he gets a little older.
Mom

Jeff and Carol said...

You're PREGGIE!!!!! CONGRATS!!!! :D

Powell Family said...

I don't plan on doing all that right now...it's just a plan of what I would like to do.

Dallin and Destiny said...

Thats so awesome we are way happy for you! Thats crazy already on number 2 hahaha jk! We miss you guys too.

Blog Archive