Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bath Time with Ikeman!

I took a bath with Isaac last night, it was so much fun. We haven’t been taking baths lately, mostly just showers because they’re faster and I’m so tired when I get home from work. Last night Isaac really needed one (we had gourmet French toast for dinner with Raspberry syrup so he was covered!) and I thought it would be relaxing plus I didn’t want to get my hair wet so we took a bath. Isaac was so excited when he saw the water filling up the tub; he just loves to play in water! While Isaac was playing I laid down with my head on the side of the tub and just relaxed. Isaac kept giving me these huge smiles like, “look at me Mommy, I love you Mommy, Thanks for taking a bath with me Mommy!” Every time I would smile at him he would scrunch up his face and blink his eyes as tight as he could. (We're going to try to get a picture of this tomorrow. He's so silly!) I’m not sure where he picked that up from but he just started it yesterday. Eventually Isaac came over to see why I was being so boring and laid his little head on my giant belly. The baby started kicking like crazy; I guess she didn’t like Isaac squishing her home. Isaac seemed a little confused as to why his pillow was attacking him. He was so funny. I love watching him learn about the rest of the world around me. He’s the greatest little friend I’ve ever had.
Speaking of the baby I can’t believe we’re already 26 weeks pregnant. When in the world did that happen? It seems like just last week we weren’t even to the halfway point and baby seemed so far away. Now she’s just 14 short weeks away, and only ten if she comes as early as Isaac did. I’m so not prepared for this. What in the world are we going to name her? Brandon and I can’t agree on anything. We have zero good names! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

2 comments:

garysharon said...

Thanks for the news of your events with Isaac. I'm glad you're taking advantage of time to spend with him now and enjoying it, too. DAD

Unknown said...

Heather!!! This is Ashley (Van Aken) Frandsen. LOVE your blog!!!! your little boy Isaac is sooo cute!!! and a girl on the way! so exciting, congratulations!!! Brandon says hi too!

Blog Archive