Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day Care Drop-off and Pick-up

I hate hate hate dropping Isaac off at day care. I thought I was getting better until yesterday morning when Isaac cried the entire 30 min drive to day care. He’s usually very tired and sleeps for the whole drive, but we’ve been trying to transition from a bottle to a sippy cup and he really hates it in the mornings. He’s ok most of the time, but in the mornings he’s so tired and he wants the comfort of his bottle. So anyway, he cried the whole way and would quiet down a little when I would sing the itsy-bitsy-spider but that only worked three or four times. When we finally got to day care I was near tears, its hard to listen to him cry because you woke him up, its still pitch black outside, and you would both be much happier in bed. I couldn’t believe how much it hurt my feelings when Isaac dove out of my arms and into Wendy’s like he could care less if I was there. He even pushed me away. As I headed back out on the road to work all I could think about was how rediculas it was that my eyes were leaking when I want him to enjoy daycare not freak out and cry when I drop him off. I don’t know what is worse when he cries or when he’s happy to have me go.
I love love love picking Isaac up from daycare. If I got off work before Brandon got done with school everyday it would be the highlight of my day, but I don’t so I only pick him up once maybe twice a week. Yesterday (September 28, 2009) was one of those days that I picked Isaac up after work. When I go to day care I ring the door bell and wait. Isaac is always in the back room (unless he happens to be taking a nap upstairs) playing with the other kids that are waiting for their Mommy’s to come pick them up. Usually he is snuggling with one of the workers because he is dead tired (as am I) by the time I come to pick him up. Yesterday though he was playing with the other kids and didn’t notice me when I walked in the room. I enjoyed watching him interact with the other kids; mostly he was just following the bigger ones around. After a few minutes I said, “Isaac.” He turned his head and his eyes got huge and he promptly fell over. Then he struggled like five times to try to stand up. He was having a hard time because he was so excited to see his mommy!!! He finally got to his feet and toddled over to me as fast as his little legs would carry him. Then he gave me a snotty face wipe (AKA a kiss) and a great big hug. It made me feel like I was on top of the world. I think picking Isaac up from day care will be one of the few things that I’ll miss when I have the other baby and quite working.

1 comment:

garysharon said...

I know it's got to be hard to drop Isaac off at day care. Just remember he's young enough that he won't remember anything about going to day care as he gets a little older. Be happy that he loves being there and is happy. (not as happy as he would be at home, but a nice second.) I can just picture him being excited to see you as he's trying to get to you as fast as he can. I miss those times when my kids were little and I'd get those hugs from them.
Mom

Blog Archive