Wednesday, February 10, 2010
The Quilt
I started working on a quilt a few years ago. It was shortly after Heather and I get married. I figured that we were spending soo much time at the quilt 'torture' shop, that I would at least try to occupy my time... not to mention keep my sanity. Well, it has been a really long time since I had gotten it out and worked on it. I got it out yesterday and finished 12 more blocks and sewed them together last night. Then today, I put the yellow border on. I am still going to add a 6in black border around the outside and then it will go home with Val and she will quilt it and bring it back and I will put the binding on it and be done!
I figured that if I show an interest in quilting, that Heather won't have an excuse the next time I want to talk about cars with her. Do you think it'll work out that way? I have my doubts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I like it...good job! Want to finish the one I started about 10-15 yrs ago? I'm sure Alanna would appriciate it if you did since it was for her. Mom
Nope. I don't think it'll work.
I don't think Alanna would want me to finish her quilt. Almost everything on my quilt is not lined up where it's supposed to be. I guess that's to be expected since it's my first time really sewing.
I suppose it was the hair cutting session that inspired you to finish. Ha! I'm impressed. About cars.....? Probably not. But it was a good thought. :) You'll be surprised how much Heather will know about cars in 10 years without even wanting to. (She'll be surprised as well.)
Thanks for the invitation to your blog. Love those lovely children!
WOW I am impressed! NICE JOB! WAY to go!
And Mom, I forgot about that quilt...HMMMMM
Wow, Brandon, good job!!! It looks amazing from here and ALL of my quilts always aren't lined up right. It gives the quilt personality, I think! :P
Post a Comment