Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Old Town Sacramento

gold
Kim, Matt, Heather, and I went to Sacramento yesterday. We went to see some of the museums and old forts but they were all too expensive. We weren't willing to pay much so we parked the car and walked through old town Sacramento. It was fun to see all the different shops and sights. There were a few candy shops. Heather and I got some saltwater taffy at one. We saw an exibit where you could pan for gold. We tried it out and soon learned that we wouldn't have made it very far if that was our only means or income. We did it for about 20 minutes or so and then we were done and satisified we would never need to do it again. Since there were several exibits about the railroad I took some pictures of Heather on a train car. We ate at a fish 'n' chips place that was really good. Matt got us lost on the way home. He does that quit often.
Sacramento

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun

Anonymous said...

I'm sure panning for gold was a lot harder than people first thought during the gold rush. I'm glad you are all having a good time.
MOM

Anonymous said...

I have a "real" gold panning pan I bought when we lived in AK. I tried panning in AK, too, and didn't do very well either. DAD

Blog Archive