I started a job this week. I am now taking care of Lois. She is 89 yr old. She can't walk, can't feed herself, and is basically a newborn again. Yesterday was my first day taking care of Lois. It was a little stressful and scary for me, mostly because I wasn't really sure what I was doing. Isaac and Lydia took thier naps during the time that she was awake yesterday so Lois didn't see them. She wouldn't eat for me. She didn't really talk to me, and hardly even looked at me, she definatly didn't smile.
Today was totally different. Isaac was awake and as wild as ever during Lois's lunch and dinner time. Lois was happy and talked to Isaac. He jabbered back at her in his sweet little boy voice. She laughed. She laughed a lot. It was awesome. I don't know if Lois usually laughs, but it was very sweet to me. She seemed sad when I told her we were leaving, but Isaac jabbered at her again. She laughed some more. It was such a sweet sight.
I love little children. They are so smart, so sweet, and so wonderful. Who can help but laugh when those giant sweet eyes look up at you? I am so grateful for my little ones.
2 comments:
It is amazing the power little ones have. I bet Isaac and Lois will become great friends. That's nice that you are taking care of her. The eldery people need someone who is loving and caring to care for them. Are you doing it every day, all day long? Mom
I'll bet that seeing the kids is the best part of her day. They use dogs and cats for therapy, but aren't "grandchildren" even better? Amazing how big these guys are getting! I just can't wait to see Lydia start walking and terrorizing her big brother.
Post a Comment